Friday, April 10, 2015

[Review] M.A.C Viva Glam x Miley Cyrus Lipstick and Lipglass


What's more rewarding than having fun with your lip products and knowing that you are contributing to making this world a better place for those who are affected with AIDS at the same time? Yes. M.A.C has teamed up with the edgy (some may think she has turned too wild and expressive *_^) Miley Cyrus and came up with their latest addition to the Viva Glam series, after working with the likes of RuPaul, Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga and Rihanna. The result? Miley Cyrus Lipstick and Lipglass.



Miley Cyrus Lipstick (MYR74 for 3g)
House in a black lipstick casing and finished off with the signature of Miley, this super hot pink lipstick did look a little daunting to us as it is so bright red, almost fuchsia in its colour. But we were persuaded to give it a go by M.A.C makeup artist for the day, Ash Chong during our recent Enlightened look recreation session here. Surprisingly, we fell in love with the colour. So, don't be fooled, just by looking at it *_^

Very opaque, it glides on smoothly, leaving our lips with an intense fun pop of bright red shade, most definitely a head turner. Great coverage, like most of M.A.C lipsticks, we feel it will suit most colour skin tone. Definitely a winner for us.


Miley Cyrus Lipglass (MYR74 for 4.8g)
From the tube, we can see the little sparkling glitter specks of shimmer already. It is also a bright hot pink shade, with the signature of Miley, but if we wear it alone, it is only a faint wash of pink (though looks pretty). It works way better if we pair it with the lipstick as it gives it an even more intense kind of colour. The red becomes more vivid.

We have not really been a gloss kind of gal, so, the texture of the Lipglass is quite tacky. If you are going for the final result of the look (that it totally compliments the lipstick) and would not be bothered by the texture, then this would be nice for you.


This is quite a power combo if you are looking for something that perks up your mood for the day or would love to make an impression for that special occasion. What's more, each cent of the selling price for Viva Glam will be donated to the M.A.C AIDS FUND for helping all women, men and children who are living with and affected by AIDS/HIV.


While we are on the subject of lip products, here is another one that we were gifted by M.A.C Malaysia, which came along with our M.A.C Spring/Summer 2015 Trend book previously - The M.A.C Trend Forecast SS15 Lip and Cheek Palette. We love the versatility of this palette as it comes in 6 different hues, from really light nude to deep dark red. This is great for mix and match, layering one or two (or possibly even more) lip colours together and just have fun with it. The sky is the limit *_^

Have fun exploring and hope you are enjoying your week so far, lovelies! More about M.A.C Cosmetics here and thanks for the love.

*Products were gifted by M.A.C Malaysia for the purpose of this review. Opinion of them are entirely our own experience.

Facebook    |    Instagram    |    Pinterest    |    Flicker    |    Twitter    |    Bloglovin    |    Polyvore
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 comments :

  1. Ah Jeann, love the angle and composition of these photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks thanks Agnes! Am still a huge fan of your photography work *_^

      Delete
  2. Great post, beautiful blog dear, follow me and i Follow you back, kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolina,

      Thanks for dropping by and for the lovely compliments, dearie. I have briefly checked out your blog and it's in Spanish, right? I wish I could understand what you write but unfortunately, I don't.

      I know there is that google translate thingy there but it just doesn't do justice to what you write, I feel. I love to read another blogger's blog and feel connected with them by leaving comments, I really don't see a point to follow just for following sake *_^ I hope you are not angry or offended by my straight-forwardness.

      Lovely to hear from you and glad that you have arrived here. If I see you again, I would be very much happy. If not, it is all right. I am cool with it.

      Now I can kick myself and wish that I understand Spanish, magically!!

      Cheers,
      Jeann

      Delete
  3. I honestly love your photography, definitely inspired me to do better with mine. I agree the shade is super pretty but I am soooo not a fan of Miley that I completely refused to purchase this lipstick. LOL! I know it's silly but it's my face of showing my disdain towards her so-called 'rebellious' act. I'll find a dupe for this shade though, seriously pretty.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shireen,

      I totally get what you mean. Everyone of us has our right to the decisions and choices we make. I always have this approach towards beauty and makeup, it is very subjective (like any other things in life), very personal and only we can get ourselves why we love certain things over some others.

      I appreciate you standing your ground on this. haha, it's never silly *_^ it's logical.

      See you again, my friend.

      Delete

Thanks so much for dropping by and say hi. Love to hear your thoughts and will read them all! See you again *_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...